Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Marks & Spenser will start selling Mobile Phones in UK.

http://www.ft.com/hippocampus/q157c76.htm

They will be inpartnership with Orange PLC
and this is the Orange PLC site that shows what phones they will be selling;

http://www.uk.orange.net/buy/index.html

MYCROFT
Print the post Back To Top

M&S have been in dire financial straits for sometime now and no doubt this is part of their restructuring programme - they certainly need it to inject some life in to their share price!
I have been waiting to buy Orange stock for some time. Having been a customer for over a year I have come to understand why they are number one for customer service in this country. I have always felt that they lead the way in terms of innovation and value for money. Furthermore their marketing campaigns are by far the most creative and impressive. There is only one downside to being an Orange subscriber - they have a very limited choice of handsets. The stock has been soaring recently after reports that they have been picking up subscribers at the expense of Vodaphone. They are currently trading at over £10 a share whilst there has been the opportunity to get in at roughly £8. Unlike Vodaphone, they are not in profit as yet, but I am picking Orange ahead of Vodaphone and BT Cellnet.
Having read many comments about VSTR, I feel that Orange has many similar qualities and am looking forward to purchasing both. VSTR is also steaming ahead - I would love to buy but can't bring myself to buy at the year's high.
If I can give you anymore information about Orange,
please let me know.

Best wishes,

Julian
Dear Julian,

This is purely hypothetical, but Orange needs a partner in the USA to be able to compete with Vodaphone. I would say that a Orange-Voicestream merger would be a wonderful idea and would be very logical. I have been increasing my position in Voicestream daily for the simple reason that they are a perfect buyout canditate for a European GSM provider.
It is slowly becoming one of my largest holding. I love the company so much that I might come out of retirement and work for them as a part time salesman for they are first class in every way. Remember this is pure speculation on my part and not investment advice.

MYCROFT