Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
A few days ago I posted a poll (http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1030043001840000&sort=id) to see how many Mac users had Excel vs Appleworks.

If you haven't answered this poll yet, please do so. I'm letting the poll run for 2-3 weeks, then plan to submit the results to TMF to try and get them to release a version of the RM Ranker spreadsheet in something besides MS Excel format.

So far, the results of the poll bear out this request -- better than 1/3 of the respondents (still a very small pool to work with) don't have or plan to buy Excel, meaning they cannot use this tool unless they figure out how to re-create it themselves.

Please answer this poll if you haven't already. This is the kind of use that the polling tool can be really good for -- showing a demand for a certain item with solid evidence based on user feedback.

I really want to be able to show TMF more than 31 respondents to the poll, so there's less chance of them saying "Well that's such a small sample, is it really representative of the whole Mac-based Fool community?"

Thanks in advance! :-)

- JLM -
Print the post Back To Top
I AM A MAC USER AND I HAVE APPLEWORKS, NOT EXCEL. I CERTAINLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE MAC PRODUCTS AVAILABLE. IT IS AN AMAZINGLY GOOD COMPUTER.
IT IS AN AMAZINGLY GOOD COMPUTER.

But apparently it has a broken caps lock key. Turn down the volume, honey; no need to shout around here. :)

Laura
No. of Recommendations: 2
In Post #5793, pedallia wrote:

I AM A MAC USER AND I HAVE APPLEWORKS, NOT EXCEL. I CERTAINLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE MAC PRODUCTS AVAILABLE. IT IS AN AMAZINGLY GOOD COMPUTER.

================================

Apparently your "amazingly good computer" can only type in upper case. Please repair the problem.

Regards,
Sandy
If Mac is such a good brand, why are the users always on the defence. I teach Apple Works .5 at the high school level. Anyone of us in the class (and the school) who uses microsoft resent being forced to use Macs at school. Our computer techie can't spell IBM format!
I am a Mac user and do not have or use excel. ClarisWorks 5.0 is my current version. Thanks for thinking of us!!