Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My mom is in the midst of closet cleaning (after 34 years of being a packrat)

She is tossing out ALOT of craft items, Mainly macrame cords. I've convinced her that the books might be good for someone else to buy.

I searched ebay, and found that there are alot of auctions that aren't making any money. Is it worth it to try to sell these books, or just to keep them in the hopes that one of these days I can either sell them?

there is one item in all of these books that I would consider making again, but I'd really have to think about it, because I remember how complex it is....

Thanks for your thoughts,
Heather
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
She is tossing out ALOT of craft items, Mainly macrame cords. I've convinced her that the books might be good for someone else to buy.

I searched ebay, and found that there are alot of auctions that aren't making any money. Is it worth it to try to sell these books, or just to keep them in the hopes that one of these days I can either sell them?

I'd try putting the books on Amazon instead of eBay. They might do better and the listings last longer on Amazon.
We have a online buying and selling board here at TMF:
http://fireboards.fool.com/Messages.asp?mid=21006531&bid=116175
No. of Recommendations: 2

BTW, if she has a lot of macrame stuff, I'd list the cords and such on eBay as one large lot. She'll do okay that way.

I'd try putting the books on Amazon instead of eBay. They might do better and the listings last longer on Amazon.

Half.com is also still around, at least until October. The commission with Half is a bit lower than Amazon's, too.

Deja Eeyore
do they even sell Macrame cord and beads any more?
do they even sell Macrame cord and beads any more?

Ebay sells everything!!

P.S. Wally World also sells macrame cord.
P.S. Wally World also sells macrame cord.

I was entertaining doing some macrame, but I couldn't find any cord at the craftmart. Maybe I was just looking in the wrong places.

Just as well, I have no time for any more crafts