Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
madmarv,

Here are some of my comments to your last post:

I couldn't find either K's or OAT's 10-Q for 1999Q4 on FreeEDGAR (where did you find them BTW), so I'm using 1999Q3 for K and OAT and 2000Q1 for GIS.

I went to the Kelloggs website (www.kelloggs.com) and pulled the 99Q4 data from there. I tried to do the same thing for OAT, but they don't include a balance sheet with the numbers. Also, the data I got for OAT for 99Q3 was all screwed up (it was linked to the wrong page or something), so I just left them off the analysis all together.

For K, I excluded restructuring costs from its operating costs.

I left them in, simply because they seem to incur restructuring costs each quarter. Therefore, this seems more like a standard accounting gimmick to me and less of a "one time charge", so I included them in the calculations.

Is there any word on how CFNM is going to be applied to the Ranker Spreadsheet?

Nothing yet, although I'm sure Matt Richey has something up his sleeve about using this metric. You might want to drop him a line at MattR@fool.com.

Fool On!

the LanceMan

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.