Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
Madmike, Post #1614 was a parody of a response to xraymd (my cyber-buddie of the feminine persuasion who is also a frequent poster of this board), done as if I were someone of with the view of "Nellie" about student loan deferments. And (at the risk of seeming self-absorbed myself), I think it was a riot, and probably got a number of recs before it mysteriously "disappeared".

Greetings, W505a, I was off the Fool for the last couple of days or so, busy taking my internal medicine board exams. I missed the furor - never saw the pulled post - but what I have NEVER missed was any post of yours heretofore on this board. In my opinion, you are the singlehandedly most informed poster this board has ever seen and you have the fairest, most reasoned and most helpful advice of virtually any board I have ever frequented on the Fool (including the Budgeting board). I can only say this:

Please reconsider your decision to reconsider your willingness to post from here on out. I am sorry to hear that a post was pulled and if it were me, I would feel highly insulted at it. But at the same time, it may be worth reflecting on all of the other excellent exchanges of yours that have educated and assisted scores of other posters. Of course, you are the one who must determine whether you feel that your time here is well-spent. All I can say is that I can only hope that the balance tips in the favor of the many who are grateful to you and appreciative of you. I know that you have helped me immeasureably and your generosity to date is remarkable for being helpful for its own sake.

I too am sorry that the Fool manangement appears to have an itchy trigger finger. I can only hope that you reconsider the value of posting IN SPITE of what is happening over our heads. Here in the trenches, your posts have been instrumental in helping all of us get savvier and make better use of the terms available to us on student loans, many of which we may never have known about had it not been for your illumination. I hope that it GIVES you something to know that for the vast majority of the readers here, you ARE DIRECTLY helping to make someone's life better and saner. Count me squarely in your corner and I implore you to think about how many others feel the same about your irreplaceable contributions.

xraymd

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.