No. of Recommendations: 3
Students from a Catholic school involved in a video showing them mocking Native Americans outside the Lincoln Memorial could potentially face expulsion, according to the diocese. In a joint statement,...

...the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School apologized, said they are investigating and will take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

Intimidation and egregious cultural disrespect will hopefully be "rewarded."

https://news.yahoo.com/students-seen-mocking-native-american...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I suspect the chances of is inversely proportional to the wealth of the parents.
Why should we expect respect for Native Americans from boys taught to protest in favor of preferential treatment for fertilized eggs over women?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Crimey! It’s a new Age of Enlightenment.

Ken
MAGACATHOLICS ?

I dropped out of the RCC because I didn't believe the Bible stories (and preferred surfing on Sundays).

Eventually I came to understand the hypocrisy of Cafeteria Catholic families as I dated Catholic girls on birth control.

Now we see the emergence of the MAGACATHOLICS in America.

Will we see a complete split in the USA Catholic Church? Will there be more pedophiles in the liberal or conservative branch?
No. of Recommendations: 9
Will we see a complete split in the USA Catholic Church? Will there be more pedophiles in the liberal or conservative branch?

Probably about the same. Some will talk about it, some won’t.

Cheers
Qazulight

——————————

Stolen from Facebook

“A cowboy, who just moved to Montana from Texas, walks into a bar and orders three mugs of beer. He sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowboy, "You know, a mug goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a time."

The cowboy replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in Arizona, the other is in Colorado. When we all left our home in Texas, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together. So I'm drinking one beer for each of my brothers and one for myself."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it at that.

The cowboy becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way. He orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and only orders two mugs. All the regulars take notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowboy looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in his eyes and he laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," he explains. "It's just that my wife and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit drinking."

He chuckles, "Hasn't affected my brothers though."
"Eventually I came to understand the hypocrisy of Cafeteria Catholic families as I dated Catholic girls on birth control."

The lost poll I saw on this subject showed something like 2/3 of American Catholics favored use of artificial birth control. That - along with similar results for other subjects like homosexual marriage - clearly showed American Catholics selective not only about Biblical teachings but papal edicts as well.
I suspect the chances of is inversely proportional to the wealth of the parents.

I'd lay 10:1 odds in favor of seeing all the kids with MAGA hats who appeared in that horrid photo- expelled.

The Roman Catholic Church may be creaking, patriarchal and slow to respond to violations, but this one seems clear, and at heart, the RCC values its social justice message and ministries throughout the world.

Did you see the sneer on the face of that kid who blocked the way of Nathan Phillips? The half smile and dominating attitude?

That kid just ruined his future, unless he applies to Bob Jones University or Liberty University....
”I'd lay 10:1 odds in favor of seeing all the kids with MAGA hats who appeared in that horrid photo- expelled.

The Roman Catholic Church may be creaking, patriarchal and slow to respond to violations, but this one seems clear, and at heart, the RCC values its social justice message and ministries throughout the world.

Did you see the sneer on the face of that kid who blocked the way of Nathan Phillips? The half smile and dominating attitude?

That kid just ruined his future, unless he applies to Bob Jones University or Liberty University....”

Wow! The ‘compassionate padre’ strikes again as he spews hatred towards children who actually didn’t do anything wrong. Stunning display ‘padre’, bravo!

As it turns out, the triggered media is lying about this. Let me put on my shocked face. You can actually watch the video and see the media is lying but the lying left is so desperate to paint everyone who opposes them as hateful when in truth it is the left spreading hate and lies. See the recent Buzzfeed article on Cohen.

Turns out the kids were just minding their own business when the protestors (yeah, hateful leftist freaks) started calling the children names and TAUNTING THEM just because they wore a ball cap they can’t tolerate. Grown adults were in the faces of our nations children. Let that sink in for a minute. What kind of people do that? See leftists on this board for your answer.

One of the kids asked their teacher if they could sing school chants and he allowed it. Nothing hateful like the left mind you, just something to drown out their hate. Then the Native American drummer closes on the students, gets in their face and drums in their face. Got it? The left taunted the children then got in their face. The children did NOTHING wrong. What you see is one student proudly standing his ground in the face of people getting in his face.

It doesn’t end there though. The lying dung heaps of media cult idiots had to lie about it, paste this kids photo everywhere and now him and his family are putting up with social media bullying, death threats and other despicable leftist behavior.

The left has lost its mind and is endangering lives and you won’t hear a single one of them, least of all some supposed ‘padre’ issue a single apology for rushing to judgment and join the mob of hateful, despicable scumbags.

And here is the left unapologetically spreading lies and smearing innocent people who merely support someone they can’t stand. Stay classy leftist idiots, stay classy.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!
No. of Recommendations: 2
As #hottakes go, this one didn’t last very long.

When you swallow whole what the media feeds you, sometime some stuff will come back up. I hope those kids sue.
I'll take those odds lol.
What's worse, their own school and diocese threw them under the bus without bothering to find out the facts.

Joint statement by the Covington Diocese and the High School:

"We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't the RATIONAL sequence of events to investigate FIRST, and THEN decide if there was a basis for condemning their actions?

Those kids did a far better job of displaying the Church's teaching about fundamental fairness and behavior, by NOT reacting to the activist's provocations, than the Diocese did in fulfilling Jesus' admonition in John 7:24:

“Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” I.E., don't rush to judgement

The diocese EXACTLY judged by appearance and, as it turned, out DID NOT judge with righteous judgement. They rushed to judgement.

Right about now, Matthew 7:2 should be making the diocese a little nervous:

“For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you."

And as far as I know, the diocese has STILL not retracted its condemnation and issued the abject apology the students and their families so richly deserve in the wake of the overwhelming evidence the kids did nothing wrong. If I were a parishioner within that diocese I would divert all my giving to other avenues than the diocese until such time as they make it right and make amends and explain their willingness to do such an unChrist-like thing in the first place. Feet need to be held to the fire.
"I'd lay 10:1 odds in favor of seeing all the kids with MAGA hats who appeared in that horrid photo- expelled."

its best to follow Paul Harvey's statement and wait for "the rest of the story" before thoughtlessly jumping on board with the condemnation and smearing of others.
FAKE NEWS
FAKE NEWS

You should know. You generate most of it around here.

AW
You should know. You generate most of it around here.

AW

Not me...I'm not a liberal or a democrat...
Then on the other hand you are....

Dems and libs->lie, hate, spew fake news.
"FAKE NEWS "

Yes, and the gullables went for it hook, line, and sinker.
Seems none of the usuals here have the decency to even say “Oops. Got it wrong”.

That’s not surprising in the least. liberalism as practiced today is nothing more than a running drive by shooting of hate.
"Seems none of the usuals here have the decency to even say “Oops. Got it wrong”."

Of course not, Liberals have clearly shown themselves for who they really are.
""I'd lay 10:1 odds in favor of seeing all the kids with MAGA hats who appeared in that horrid photo- expelled.""

I'm not normally a gambler, but I'll take $10,000 worth of that action.

Oh, it was a BS offer?

Shocking.
"Yes, and the gullables went for it hook, line, and sinker."

Oh, this has nothing to do with gullible. When Whoopi said 'so many people admitted they made snap judgements before all these other facts came in. Why is that?', that awful woman Joy Behar had an almost unique moment of honesty, and replied, 'Because we are so desperate to get Trump out of office'.

Clearly they mean by any means necessary, fair or foul.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2019/01/22/finally-joy-beh...
Vegas loves lefties, because no matter how bad their cards their go-to move is always doubling down.