Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Mainbinder,

Thanks for the note. The CK Approach is indeed a continuation/extension of the section on Obviously Great Investments in "You Have More Than You Think." In fact, the section in the book is really an extension of the work done on the first two groupings of stocks ("Simpleton" and "MoneyHeavy") which are viewable in our 11 Steps to Cash-King Investing. For anyone who hasn't worked their way through the steps, check them out at http://www.fool.com/cashking

I think a DRIP program makes a lot of sense for CK investors, although some of our companies don't offer DRIP plans (Microsoft and Gap, for example). The only strike I have against DRIPs is that they're a bit of an administrative burden. With discount brokers trending down toward $5 per trade, I'm wondering if going that route isn't more convenient. That said, if you have a DRIP plan in place, I think using the CK model to further it makes a good deal of sense.

Fool on, Fool!

Tom Gardner
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.