Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
My comments in another section prompted me to wonder: How many people today make their own wines?

Back when we drank more, I used to enjoy making my own wines, some of which were excellent. It takes patience and care, but it is possible to make some good drinking wines. Most of mine, in fact, were very clear, white, dry wines, and people sometimes questioned the fruit used.

I've made wine from peaches, pears, dandelions (yes -- novel but good!), grapes, and even plums. In fact, one winter, I tried making a small batch from a package of frozen raspberries that turned out surprisingly good!

I don't do it any more because you end up with quite a few bottles, and we just don't drink much of anything now, but it was fun at the time!

Vermonter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.