Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
"A Virginia man has been arrested for allegedly trying to enter through a Washington DC checkpoint armed with a gun, 500 rounds of ammunition and fake credentials, according to a report. Wesley Allen Beeler, from Front Royal, Virginia, was arrested Friday evening as he tried to make his way through security checkpoints in downtown DC that have been erected ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration, CNN reported. The outlet cited a police report and a law enforcement source which said Beeler drove his pick-up truck to a police checkpoint at North Capitol and E Street NE close to the Capitol building which just one week ago was the site of a violent siege that left five dead.

He then allegedly showed officers fake inauguration credentials in an effort to get inside the perimeter. Officers asked the suspect if he had any weapons and he admitted he was carrying a Glock semi-automatic pistol in the armrest of his truck, CNN reported. Police uncovered the handgun and found it was pre-loaded with 17 rounds of ammunition and a round chamber ready to fire, the source said. A police report seen by the outlet states that officers later found the pistol, 509 rounds of ammunition, shotgun shells and a magazine for the handgun. Beeler was arrested for several offenses including possessing an unregistered firearm and possessing unregistered ammunition"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9155125/Virginia-ma...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
possessing unregistered ammunition"

I wonder how they do that exactly? A permit to own ammunition along with a permit to own a firearm? Or perhaps the ammo is serialized? Do you have to get a new permit with each ammo purchase?

Only one permit is actually necessary, the 2nd amendment.

Rope
No. of Recommendations: 1
"Only one permit is actually necessary, the 2nd amendment."

A friend of mine has a t-shirt that says that, "My permit is the second amendment". That same friend wasn't amused when after saying that people should have to show ID to vote, I told him I was going to get a t-shirt that says, "The 15th amendment is my ID".
No. of Recommendations: 4
That same friend wasn't amused when after saying that people should have to show ID to vote, I told him I was going to get a t-shirt that says, "The 15th amendment is my ID".

The 15th says:

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

I don't have a problem showing ID that proves I'm an eligible American citizen in order to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. I certainly want to require ID to vote so only eligible American citizens vote.

Rope
No. of Recommendations: 3
possessing unregistered ammunition

--------------

This is a pretty scary concept...
I don't have a problem showing ID that proves I'm an eligible American citizen in order to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. I certainly want to require ID to vote so only eligible American citizens vote.

Rope

--------------

Another important distinction is quantity control. I can, at least for now, buy as many guns as I want, as frequently as I want. Voting is one to customer except in certain democrat strongholds.
"I don't have a problem showing ID that proves I'm an eligible American citizen in order to exercise my 2nd amendment rights. I certainly want to require ID to vote so only eligible American citizens vote."

I respect your view. Having said that, I was born here long ago, and have worked an honest job, earning an honest living since I was a teenager. I shouldn't have to show some snot-nosed kid sitting at a voting desk, who is all of a sudden a constitutional expert, my ID to vote. They should be showing me their ID to prove who they are.
...shouldn't have to show some snot-nosed kid...They should be showing me their ID to prove who they are....

How is some snot-nosed kid supposed to know you are actually the Queen of Sheba?
I shouldn't have to show some snot-nosed kid sitting at a voting desk, who is all of a sudden a constitutional expert, my ID to vote.

Show ID and have it match the signature on the registered voter rolls or you don't get to vote, simple as that. How do you know that some fraudster didn't come in earlier and claim to be you?

Rope
I respect your view. Having said that, I was born here long ago, and have worked an honest job, earning an honest living since I was a teenager. I shouldn't have to show some snot-nosed kid sitting at a voting desk, who is all of a sudden a constitutional expert, my ID to vote. They should be showing me their ID to prove who they are.

This is hilarious. Tell that to the cop when pulled over, the hospital or doctor you visit, and the myriad of other things that require showing an ID.
"Tell that to the cop when pulled over, the hospital or doctor you visit, and the myriad of other things that require showing an ID."

In this very forum, there has been much discussion over the years of having your lawyer on speed dial in case you are stopped and in possession of a weapon, to not answer any questions until your attorney arrives, etc., etc. I see much of that same discussion on 2nd amendment rights attorney Evan Nappen's Facebook page, and of PA gun rights attorney, Joshua Prince. The general message has been to not say anything to the police without an attorney present, nor identify yourself.
My reply is in the context of you not wanting to show ID to vote, that is what the reply is to.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The general message has been to not say anything to the police without an attorney present, nor identify yourself.

If you are involved in a gun related incident, you should give relevant facts to the officers on the scene, such as who witnessed the event ("that person saw the entire thing"), the location of evidence ("he threw the knife in the bushes"), along with showing ID if asked, and state that you are willing to sign a complaint. After that you say something like "officer I'm willing to cooperate and give a statement, but I choose not to say anything further until I can speak with my attorney".

Rope
No. of Recommendations: 2
If you are involved in a gun related incident, you should give relevant facts to the officers on the scene, such as who witnessed the event ("that person saw the entire thing"), the location of evidence ("he threw the knife in the bushes"), along with showing ID if asked, and state that you are willing to sign a complaint. After that you say something like "officer I'm willing to cooperate and give a statement, but I choose not to say anything further until I can speak with my attorney".

Rope

--------------------

Our good friend Colovion, before TMF banished him to the gulag, used to advise it was important to establish, you shot "to stop the threat".
...used to advise it was important to establish, you shot "to stop the threat".

Here is a video by a recognized expert who discusses the subject of "What to Say and What Not to Say to the Police" after a self defense incident. About 8-1/2 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9AK9DbpDUU&t=101s

Rope
"Our good friend Colovion, before TMF banished him to the gulag, used to advise it was important to establish, you shot "to stop the threat"."

There was also another person banished whose original FoolID was "Armed Infidel" though I seem to remember that he/she later changed it to STSTT