Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 166
Man, I don't really like this sort of thing...

JonT27- I'd suggest if you are so intent on being treated like a respectable human, you'd damn well better learn to act like one.

This (the Rat board and the Motley Fool) is a community at will. No one forced you to come here, and I get the distinct impression looking at the oeuvre of your participation that most would be happier if you were gone. All you are doing is trying to ruin a healthy interactive environment with your babbling stupidity.

Why on earth do you feel the need to rub peoples' noses in the fact that their stocks are down? That is not helpful at all, it reflects badly upon you, nothing more. So why do it?

You still think it's the message, don't you. You still think it's because you are saying things people do not want to hear. Recently I wrote a note here saying why I would stay very far away from Brocade, and it got 60+ recommendations, on a board where a large number of people invest in Brocade.

Now, I recognize that I have the gift of communication, it's why I do what I do for a living. But it wasn't the message, it was the respect I showed for those I disagreed with. That's what every other person on this board shows each other, even when they disagree. Every other person but you.

This past weekend my wife learned that friends of ours who were expecting triplets lost all three babies. I say lost because a virus caused her to go into labor about a week before the babies would viable. The babies were born alive, and yet there was nothing that the doctors could do for them. So our friends held, named, and tried to comfort each one as it gasped for breath, and then slowly died.

I cannot grasp of this kind of pain. It makes something as stupid as obsessing about investing seem so trifling. It makes the pettiness of a perceived slight on a message board seem absolutely pathetic.

You want people to think you're smart, or a better investor? Fine, you got it pal. Does that make you happy? Does sitting in front of three computer screens all day making trades make your life somehow complete? If not, does antagonizing people on a message board help you get the validation you seem to crave?

I feel nothing but sorrow for you. Sorrow for a life so empty of meaning that making anonymous enemies on a message board somehow passes for healthy communication to you. If there is one thing that is sadder than death, it is a life that is devoid of anything purposeful.

You want people to respect your opinions, then be someone who is respectable. If you don't care, then do us all a favor and post your verbal diarrhea someplace else.

Foolishly,
Bill Mann

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.