Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
getting really shellacked here. hard to do my work... where is all the money going i wonder.
Print the post Back To Top
where is all the money going i wonder.

Low growth stocks which have not benefited from Covid. Hotels, cruise lines, airlines, restaurants, etc. Cramer has been talking the rotation to those and advising selling partial tech positions.

That could be it.

Mark
No. of Recommendations: 0
It really is painful.

As i stared at the screen and the sea of red, my boy goes
"dont worry mom, you are not retiring anytime soon. Even great depression didnt 8 years *years until i can retire* "
I try to force myself to look at it that way too today
I think what Cramer is saying does have part to do with it. But also the 10-Year rate rising. And Powell's talk on inflation. I'm down 15%, Cathy Wood is down 25%. It's surprising what is currently still up YTD. Berkshire for one. Infrastructure for another (look at PAVE for a big picture view). Value as well (VBR is up almost 12% year to date).

I think the tech valuation is going out of favor, and a rotation is starting.
No. of Recommendations: 3
As some perspective, in early 2020 I was up 13% before crashing to -9%, in 7 weeks. I ended the year up +80%. I'm currently at -1% YTD after a high of +15%, but only in 2-1/2 weeks. Lesson: this happens and you can recover. Now the big question is what goes up fastest the next 6 months.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Some combination of Saul stocks and Beth.technology I think. (Which is also my target for the next 5-10 years). Experts don’t see the 10y yield staying above 1 too long into the spring as this stimulus package seeps out so I think we see a return to growth even if it is cycling.

Cloud computing
EVs
Semis
Ad migration to streaming platforms
No. of Recommendations: 4
Earnings are not due out until mid-April. Until then uncertainty rules and its likely to be volatile for a while.

High PE and no earnings stocks are overvalued even if they have good potential. A correction is due.