No. of Recommendations: 1
They say if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen - and that's exactly what happened to one hapless cook who had to be rushed off to hospital after tasting a hot chilli sauce at his restaurant.

Arif Ali, 26, suffered a severe reaction as he tried out the concoction, which had been prepared for a Man v Food-style hot wings challenge at Jimmy's restaurant, in London's O2 arena.

The sauce contained Naga Jolokia chillis, which measure 250,000 on the Scoville scale of chilli strength - far hotter than pepper spray and so potent that they should only be handled using latex gloves.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234716/Chef-rushed-...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

----

I don't like ANY peppers in my food..

Have you ever watched the TV program Man Vs Food? Silly to watch someone big out on the 'biggest' creations possible. Including the six pound steak out in Amarillo TX....advertised for 100 miles along the interstate..free if you can finish it, a few pounds of potato and a few pounds of salad and bread. Otherwise it's like 450 or $60 bucks.

t.

t.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"I don't like ANY peppers in my food." - tele

I eat a little hot spicey food every day probably. My limit is around Jalapenos, ~ #5 on the 1-10 heat scale. Medium hot. I especially like Louisana Hot Sauce that is made with cayenne peppers. It's not hot at all to me. I'm a huge pepper fan, peppers of any kind, including Bell peppers, Anaheim peppers, New Mexico peppers, etc.

I like the flavor of habenero's but they are too hot for me to really enjoy them. I wish someone would invent a habanero pepper that had the same flavor but with a much reduced capsacin content.

Art
Including the six pound steak out in Amarillo TX....advertised for 100 miles along the interstate..

DW and I will occasionally buy a three-pound steak...

... and cut it into about 8-10 portions.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I like the flavor of habenero's but they are too hot for me to really enjoy them. I wish someone would invent a habanero pepper that had the same flavor but with a much reduced capsacin content.

Let them simmer a bit in liquid along with a peeled plum.

Then taste a small sliver of the plum and decide whether you should throw it away.
I eat a little hot spicey food every day probably. My limit is around Jalapenos, ~ #5 on the 1-10 heat scale. Medium hot. I especially like Louisana Hot Sauce that is made with cayenne peppers. It's not hot at all to me.
-----------

My daughter posted this on FB. Apperently, Tabasco has a new sauce: Buffalo Style Sauce. Milder than regular hot sauce.
http://www.tabasco.com/tabasco-products/sauces/tabasco-buffa...

arrete
I have watched that show before and have wondered when the guy was going to have a heart attack while diving into all that food.