Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 22
Yesterday I read some interesting articles about how "FEAR" has been used as a manipulation tool in the history of mankind by many diffrent institutions. Keep the mass stupid, give them some games and bread, create fear and you can manipulate them in whatever direction you want.

Goebels used fear and a common enemy (Jews) as a policy tool to frighten the masses, simplistic slogans/propaganda (through the media controlled by the Nazis) to seduce them, the need for a strong leader to protect them, and a strong feeling of nationalism (patriotism) to energise them.

To protect its power the Church (pope) started selling indulgences in the Middle ages. A typical example of creating fear and keeping the proletariat dumb: only if they get rid of their sins, would they be able to enter God's paradise. Meanwhile the Pope (a Medici) enriched himself until Martin Luther revolted…The Church didn't tolerate any dissent (the church's inquisition in the name of God burnt/destroyed psychologically (Galilee) scientists who dared to say that the earth was not the centre of the universe, that the planets didn't turn around the earth but that the earth turned around the sun!). Only the Church was supposed to know the truth and that was being translated into dogma's that could not be challenged. The Proletariat was supposed to stay ignorant. But that changed with the advent of the printing press. The Church lost control of the media channel: Suddenly the common people/the masses were exposed to all new ideas, that were not conform to what the church had been preaching.

Fortunately the Internet is a wonderful democratic tool. It's much more difficult to keep people stupid these days.

Here two quotes you are probably familiar with:

-“The only thing to fear is fear itself.”

-Why would any government want its people to feel secure? "To remain in power, keep the country at war and the people in fear."~A.Hitler

Alexander

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
"To remain in power, keep the country at war and the people in fear."
A. Hitler

I'm sorry Alexander, but you can't use quotes like this on PA!

The right don't like people comparing George W Bush and his neo-conservative pals to the Nazis - even if they are using the same tactics!!!

deejay7
No. of Recommendations: 1
"...Here two quotes you are probably familiar with:.."
-----------------

"Don't worry, be happy.."

Vote Kerry.

Good luck.

<<Yesterday I read some interesting articles about how "FEAR" has been used as a manipulation tool in the history of mankind . . .>>--Agnes (or Alexander--it isn't clear)

How convenient that your list leaves off the Mullahs and Imams who amputate limbs and cut out tongues in order to enforce their creed. And take hostages, threaten death, and saw off heads in their quest to repel the enlightened influence of Western culture.

Not clear if that was just an oversight--or you were reading from the Euro/Islamist Handbook on how to attempt to smear George Bush and bring America down to your own level.

/s/ S.T.
How convenient that your list leaves off the Mullahs and Imams who amputate limbs and cut out tongues in order to enforce their creed. And take hostages, threaten death, and saw off heads in their quest to repel the enlightened influence of Western culture.

And why exactly WOULD he have mentioned them? Are they on the ballot or something?
<<How convenient that your list leaves off the Mullahs and Imams who amputate limbs and cut out tongues in order to enforce their creed. And take hostages, threaten death, and saw off heads in their quest to repel the enlightened influence of Western culture.--S.T.

And why exactly WOULD he have mentioned them? Are they on the ballot or something?--SN
>>

Just keeping it fair and balanced.

And yes, the Mullahs and Imams are one helluva lot closer to being "on the ballot" than the Pope, Goebbels or Franklin D. Roosevelt. You can cast an implied vote for them by pushing the button with the picture of the jackass on it.

/s/ S.T.

How convenient that your list leaves off the Mullahs and Imams who amputate limbs and cut out tongues in order to enforce their creed.

Kind of a long history of cutting off various things on the advice of God. Of course, I guess that is frowned on these days by the religions of peace. Even at Abu Ghraib. Shame.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Judges 1
Israel Fights the Remaining Canaanites

1 After the death of Joshua, the Israelites asked the LORD , "Who will be the first to go up and fight for us against the Canaanites?"
2 The LORD answered, "Judah is to go; I have given the land into their hands."
3 Then the men of Judah said to the Simeonites their brothers, "Come up with us into the territory allotted to us, to fight against the Canaanites. We in turn will go with you into yours." So the Simeonites went with them.
4 When Judah attacked, the LORD gave the Canaanites and Perizzites into their hands and they struck down ten thousand men at Bezek. 5 It was there that they found Adoni-Bezek and fought against him, putting to rout the Canaanites and Perizzites. 6 Adoni-Bezek fled, but they chased him and caught him, and cut off his thumbs and big toes.
7 Then Adoni-Bezek said, "Seventy kings with their thumbs and big toes cut off have picked up scraps under my table. Now God has paid me back for what I did to them." They brought him to Jerusalem, and he died there.
8 The men of Judah attacked Jerusalem also and took it. They put the city to the sword and set it on fire.
9 After that, the men of Judah went down to fight against....
----------------------------------------------------------------------

And so on.
Btw--on the fear thing, the FOXies are sure pushing that hard, eh?

See convicted john Dick Morris talking to Bill "Batteries Included" O'Reilly again about nucular weapons and such....Head for the basement and turn out the lights, Mabel. Where are those duck and cover pamphlets from the '50s?

What a bunch. Anyway, hope springs eternal in the Bushie camp as their last few days dwindle away.

All the talk of "media bias".....why don't they just sign the surrender documents?
Springtex,
i promise you, if i see your picture on the ballot next to a button, i will not push it.:)
i promise you, if i see your picture on the ballot next to a button, i will not push it.:)

See? There you go. The American judge gives that a 7.5.

Stuck the landing but only a moderate degree of difficulty.