Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
many Berkshire shareholders are downing banana daquiris metaphorically.
Well they are stock holders not punters who have folowed Buffets investing style to make their own Millions. It's been a great stock esp if you brought in 82,,, Jeez thats nearly 20 years.

The second comment about market rotation I won't dwell on too much except to say that while it may be a current investing technique, probability theory alone would tell you it can't be a successful long term strategy

It's been a investment strategy for ever nothing new about it, what probability theory are you talking about? I think that is only your opinion V's fact. If I'm wrong then why do sectors not all move at the same time & amount? The fact is sector rotation is/has been praticed for ever by smart traders.
You just can't get dif movements without money going out of one sector & into another & sorry but that is just simple.

Maybe check your Bershire holdings it's a mixed bag my friend not a fund that is in only one sector ask yourself why?

I contend that very few investors can invest the Buffet way, to take control of a company the way he does is just not open to most.

Bershire shareholders that have jumped on the guru train in the last couple of years have little hope of the kind of returns that you highlighted & I'm sure I don't have to but I will mention other co's like Microsoft that have returned much more than Berkshire for a similar term investment.

We can talk about the stock the man or the investment style but please lets not mix it all up.

Yes Buffet is a legand & I'm sure many will benefit from his writings, I doubt however very few will be able to use his investment tech to make big money, you & me just can't get the same knowledge that he gets from companys both for new investments & controling current ones.

One last thought to leave you with how many of the Bershire co's
were private when brought?

JR

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.