Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Many thanks to all who took the time to respond to my inquiry. I wanted to address a couple of things that Bruce Brown brought up, just to clarify what my intentions are.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your strategy. I assume that it works best via accounts that are non taxable. Being in and out of gorillas whether
by accident or design has yet to prove to me a higher reward than the LTB&H approach.

It is for precisely this reason that I am attempting to educate myself about Gorilla Gaming. I'd like to identify some more LTBH candidates for my taxable portfolio and limit the mechanical stuff primarily to my non-taxable accounts.

If a gorilla gamer researched these companies early on and took a position that on a cost basis is peanuts compared to the
current price - what do they do? Sell because of valuation worries? Move the money into other emerging candidates? Sell a portion to take
some profits? Short the stock? Pass on taking a position now based on valuation?

At this stage in what I hope is a budding GG career, it is really only the last of these issues that I'm grappling with. It sounds like there is no clear consensus on this point and that each individual investor needs to make their own decisions based on their own knowledge/comfort level. Dang. I was afraid you'd say that! :^)

-DeepBlue
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.