Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Hedge Funds have to cover.  Those that are short must buy.  Those that are long must sell.  Banks getting squeezed.  Investers locked out of their muni funds.  Money money everywhere not a drop to spare.

Here is the insanity.  As a nation we became dependant on our fellow citizens borrowing money to keep this madness going.  People borrowed money to buy houses, make renovations, buy cars, take trips, and more recently to buy food, fuel and insurance.

No few can borrow and business are asking where are my customers?  Cities are asking where are my tax revenues?  States doing the same.  Hard working people are asking why am I getting fired?

For anyone with foresight, this was very obvious at least a couple years ago.  You cannot build an economy on debt.  Over the past seven years, we borrowed like we never borrowed bofore.  LIKE NEVER BEFORE.  The effects are now raining down upon us and the damage will grow week by week month by month.

Until our homebuilders restructure and wipe out the debt.  Our banks come clean with the true value of the balance sheets.  Our cities debt get restructed to levels that can be sustained.  Putting a band aid on an aterial bleed will accomplish little.

Mommy, why are the rain drops putting holes in our roof?

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.