Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have an 8 year old with a very expensive habit. She is addicted to those fancy shriveled olives floating in a marinade of oil and yummy mystery spices that cost 7 or 8 dollars for a little glass jar. My budget favours pitted black olives on sale for a dollar a can. The last time she wiped out a jar of the expensive olives in one sitting I drained the liquid off of a can of cheap black olives and put them in the left over liquid from the expensive olives. A couple of days later those black olives were up to the kid's standards. So I am trying to replicate the greek olive marinade. I tried mixing olive oil + basalmic vinegar + minced garlic and while yummy it wasn't quite right. I checked on the internet and found a couple of recipes which basically come down to oil + vinegar + variety of spices. Of course it's the spices that are the problem. The recipe for the "greek marinade" calls for oregano and thyme, but again, that doesn't quite get it. Does anyone have a recipe that they love, that is a good imitation of the expensive gourmet olives?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.