Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Mark, Great Post! Just a few of my added thoughts:

The three drug companies in the port are all good companies but none of them is the largest major drug maker. I am a little surprise that the number one drug maker, Merck is not even in the port. Shouldn't the rule maker be the largest (biggest and badest) in its respected industry?

I actually believe that Merck is no longer the largest drug maker by sales (sorry don't have the #'s).

I don't have an American Express and never had. I believe most people have and use Visa or Master Card more often that American Express(I welcome correction if I am wrong).

You are correct, there are more Visa and Mastercards in circulation, but that doesn't necessarily mean they don't set the rules. For example, the Mastercard Worldcard and Visa Signature cards were both created and issued as a response to the AMEX Platnium Card for super-premium users. AMEX then stepped up again and issued the Centurion "aka Black" Card which is even more exclusive. Another good thing to keep in mind is that there is more to AMEX than credit and charge cards.

Fool On.

yofluke
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.