Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have been reading, researching, and watching the RE market in my area for a few months now. I am much the learner still (0 buys thus far).

I was reading a few posts that referred to very specific market numbers. Where can that info be attainted? (asking price, list price, sales price, days on the market, etc.) I know that realtors have access to that stuff, and I know that anyone can look into the tax roles, but how can JQ Public find out current market info?

Thanks- Ben
Print the post Back To Top
As you say, a Realtor is the best way. However, tax records are public information, so you can go down to the courhouse and get all the info you need.

You can also try http://www.homegain.com.

There info works best if all the houses around you are similar in nature. Otherwise, take what they give you with a grain of salt.

The best way is to look at everything you can in a given area. That way, you know what type of property goes for what price. You will need to look at 50-100 houses, but you will be the expert after that.

Mark
There should be some databases you can subscribe to so you don't actually have to go to the courthouse every time you want to know something.

In Atlanta, there are at least two that I know of (magellan and mapmerge). they charge a monthly fee.

Some county governments may have information online for free either at their own site or at a site like www.ezgov.com.

lamarama
Or you can sign up for the PACE system for your area. You get a CD ROM every quarter showing all sales of property in the covered area.