Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just thinking about what the market will do if the White House shuts down government and increases sanctions on various countries. It's been a shaky market for the past year or so and may get worse this summer.

That can be a good thing for traders and I was wondering what you guys thought. Anyone want to post some ifeas?

Calabogie
Print the post Back To Top
Thanks for (hopefully) breathing a little life back into this board. Personally, I've been out of the market since early summer when I had a string of disillusioning trades, but maybe with some discussions among traders, I'll get encouraged to give it yet another go.

RayB
Obviously, nobody knows absolutely what will happen. But this is an interesting week. FOMC tomorrow and Friday's threats.

If you look back at the graphs at the end of 2015 and early 2016, they are very similar to recently. Many were predicting at that time that a bear was starting, as they are now. We know that didn't happen, but then, we are now making a triple bottom, and as they say, the market doesn't make a triple bottom..........

It may be bull $hit, but I think I smell bear $hit (pun intended). A time to be nimble and be able to react.

Don't know if any of you watch StockCharts TV, but Tom Bowly made the interesting comments about comparison to 2016. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCqvznfflkg&feature=yout... at about 8:30 min into the show.

Puts and shorts ready

LakeD