No. of Recommendations: 0
Martini,

Personally I don't think the last 5 years of bond performance are quality benchmark.

It would be worth your time maybe do some legwork comparing some popular bond funds to appropriate indices over 5, 10 and 20 years and see what picture develops.

I have personal opinions but they are loaded and biased by my needs and personality quirks. The data is readily available it is best interpreted by you. Certainly bring questions or observations found back here so that we can explore them. I am willing to bet that your interpretation will not be too out to lunch even though some of us may disagree. There is strength in disagreement. Your opinion gets the rough edges knocked off as does mine, we are both better for it.

jack
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.