Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 19
The anchor and correspondent from MSNBC tried to shame people in Lake Geneva for not wearing masks.

Anchor--"Are they not worried about their personal safety?"
Reporter--"I haven't met anybody who is... you can see here, nobody's wearing them [masks]."
Some Passerby: "Including the Cameraman."

Then someone else said, "Half your crew's not wearing them" as they cut away.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265374806662397953
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
The anchor and correspondent from MSNBC tried to shame people in Lake Geneva for not wearing masks.

Unlike Trump yesterday, who was so respectful of the mask wearing reporter.

A real mensch, your hero.

<eyeroll>

Schvitz
No. of Recommendations: 6
"....who was so respectful of the mask wearing reporter. "

yeah, about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrAEdB9M6XY

Unlike Trump yesterday, who was so respectful of the mask wearing reporter.
A real mensch, your hero.
<eyeroll>
Schvitz

Man, that is some really bad reading comprehension and logic:
Someone is disgusted by a group taking the stance that "It's immoral and irresponsible to not wear masks" as they go around without masks, therefore Donald Trump must be his hero.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I didn't see that, but here in Vermont our numbers have dropped way down and a lot is due to wearing masks and keeping distance.

The scenes of people at the beaches and elsewhere getting close and not wearing masks give me the Willies. I fear we will see big spikes in illnesses in such areas.

Why must people be so stupid about this? They don't get it that this is SERIOUS? It's not political; it's common sense.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 0
"It's not political; it's common sense.

Vermonter "

From what I hear masks are recommended for folks who have active symptoms.
They are intended to prevent spread of "droplets".
I have worn masks when entering doctor offices where required and when entering
hospitals where they provide masks. Temperature monitoring so far has been limited
to hospitals and doctor offices - sometimes doubled up at an entrance and at the specific
doctor office. There have been times when I have waited in the car while DW goes in to
her doctor appointment.

Restaurants have opened up down here - with added spacing between tables. The local Barnes
& Nobles have opened up again.

Howie52
Transmission rates are pretty low in our area.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I don't have a problem with people in this area who choose to wear masks, or who choose not to.

I do have a problem with those in this area who try to shame or embarrass others for their choice. Which, so far, I haven't seen any of in either direction.

(This isn't a high-density city. In fact the DEER population inside the city is estimated to be about 100 per square mile. I might have a different attitude if I lived in a high-density city. Different circumstances legitimately do justify different responses.)

I choose to wear a mask in stores, because my lady is one of those at greater risk (and while not yet senior citizens, we also aren't young) but if I go out alone and realize after more than a couple blocks that I forgot to grab the mask I don't go back to get it.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Howie:

No! Masks help prevent droplets from YOU reaching others, yes, but you may "spray" them as a carrier who shows no symptoms, thus causing infection without knowing it.

Masks should be mandatory until we are all free of this.

Vermonter
No. of Recommendations: 6
Masks should be mandatory until we are all free of this.

Go ahead, feel free to wear a mask. I try to make decisions based upon the latest science I can find. Previous studies touting masks were done years ago on influenza viruses. COVID has different particle size thus requiring different measures. You might argue that using N95 masks are the option, but if you have facial hair or don't know how to fit one, they are just as useless. Besides, we can't produce enough for healthcare workers much less the entire population.

However, while the study did look at coronaviruses, it did not account for SARS-CoV-2, as the initial research had taken place before the start of the current pandemic.

Now, new findings, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, suggest that neither surgical nor cloth masks are at all effective in stopping the spread of SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/new-study-question...

JLC
Masks may slow down the velocity of particles leaving your mouth when a sneeze demands attention.
Best practices would suggest being aware of wind direction in public and staying up-wind of crowds.
Mask or not, can't fix stupid.
Masks may slow down the velocity of particles leaving your mouth when a sneeze demands attention.

If you are sneezing and/or coughing, you should be sequestered at home, not out in public with a mask.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 5
"Masks may slow down the velocity of particles leaving your mouth when a sneeze demands attention.

If you are sneezing and/or coughing, you should be sequestered at home, not out in public with a mask.

JLC "

Somehow for some reason, as soon as I see a sign that tells me to sneeze into
my elbow, I have an urge to sneeze.
Whenever I go into an area that has signs "Please cover your coughs" I get the urge
to cough.
Course, living in the Carolinas means you are always in this or that allergy season.

Howie52
The thing about masks peope tell me is that they make to hesitate to touch your
face. However, if you wear glasses, the mask tends to cause your breath to fog
up your glasses - which in turn causes a fellow to remove the glasses to clean them
and thereby touch the face.

Ah well.
Can't win for losing.

But the world continues to turn.

Most people sneeze and cough every day, whether sick or not.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The thing about masks peope tell me is that they make to hesitate to touch your
face.

Early on in this fiasco, DW made some masks for the clan at the request of her sister. Masks made, we make a run to the grocery store, within 5 minutes DW and SIL had touched their face adjusting their masks about 5 times. Had to constantly remind them. Steep learning curve that some people fail to conquer.

JLC