Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Passive loss oh my. C-2 is for when your 5% taxed income is negative and your 12% income is positive. they take your passive loss and add it to your passive income. but turbo tax does not ask this question. another flaw in the process. So make sure you pull in the form into the program and fill it out you might be very surprised with the results.

I just reduced a $6K tax to $120. boy I was sweating that one out. :) Of course that makes you have to send in your paper from. for 6 grand I will do that any day thank you very much!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.