Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
Before I get to my May results, I have a more important question. How do we attract new people to this board? Don't get me wrong - I love the uh, "mature" people who post here (hey, I'm one of them :), but where are the folks in their 30s and 40s who are building their nest eggs?

Ok, so here are the YTD numbers for my personal portfolio, Saul's port, and the Tech Growers screen which I introduced here back in late March. I feel very lucky to say that we all just had a monster month. And when I say "monster", I mean the good kind.

Portfolio YTD Gain Link

========= ======== ======
rdutt 55.8%
Saul 73.6% https://boards.fool.com/my-portfolio-at-the-end-of-may-2020-...
Tech Growers 49.6% https://boards.fool.com/i-forgot-to-add-the-results-for-each...
Index ETFs
SPY -4.5%
RSP -9.9%

Saul is concentrated in 7 software names and is the winner here, up almost 74% year to date. I hold 9 SaaS stocks plus AMZN, ENPH and LVGO. I am more than happy to be up 56% YTD, and do not wish to be as concentrated as he is. This follows a gain of 34% last year, and a gain of 15% in 2018.

Meanwhile, Tech Growers, has gained 51 points since I introduced it here, and is now up almost 50% YTD. Incredibly, this is the 4th year in a row that this screen has delivered a return of 50% or higher. I'll have to check with borisnand, but this may also may have set a record for the highest 2-month post-discovery gain of any screen ever created here.

Saul's results are even more jaw-dropping - he's up 604% over just 41 months. A $300K portfolio at the start of 2017 managed according to Saul's buys and sells would be worth about $2.1 million today. And yes, I've read Fooled by Randomness. Trust me, these results are not due to random luck.
My current holdings
I've been pretty transparent about the stocks I own, after I switched to following Saul's board in early 2018. For example, I reported my holdings at the end of 2018 in this message:

https://boards.fool.com/what-worked-in-2018-34097240.aspx

Here are my holdings now, and the gains since first purchase. You can see that my I'm still holding most of the names in that message. I've add more to these over the years.

Stock 1st Purch. Return
Date Since
===== ========= ======
MDB 5/23/2018 402%
AYX 2/21/2018 340%
TWLO 2/26/2018 495%
TTD 5/23/2018 283%
SHOP 2/15/2018 478%
OKTA 2/27/2018 435%
ENPH 6/04/2018 829%
DDOG 11/22/2019 66%
CRWD 12/09/2019 85%
ZM 05/28/2019 167%
LVGO 04/06/2020 97%
AMZN 09/01/2015 382%

I feel extremely blessed, but I'm acutely aware of the pain and suffering being felt by so many in this country right now, and that's a bummer. Let me just end with the lyrics to a song I used to hear in the 70's (Get Together by the Youngbloods):

You hold the key to love and fear
All in your trembling hand
Just one key unlocks them both
It's there at your command
Come on, people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another
Right now

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.