Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
May be. But I've been following the technique for a couple of years now, and the results have seriously amazed me. Deceptively simple, in that time, it's failed twice, but succeeded more than a dozen times and counting. Not infrequently, fertile ground occurs when there has been a sharp run up and short term folks take their profits.

I've used a similar technique on stocks that I thought had potential and it proved to work rather well as long as the stocks were in a trading range. Fast growers presented too many lost opportunities while falling stocks produced real losses. As they say, YMMV. ;)

Repeating earlier, the contingent order I've placed for ALGN is -9%, a point it has met or exceeded three times since December 4th last year. (Actually hit -12% that date.)

I read that in your earlier post but I still don't understand it entirely, did the price drop by 9% since December 4th last year or did you buy three times since then at under 9%? As I mentioned in my earlier post, ALGN was in such a trading range from November through April so the technique should have worked but now that it broke out to the upside, it should no longer work -- does not mean you can't try! )

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.