Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 20
There isn't much to report on the debt numbers, but it hasn't been a humdrum month.

We're in the midst of around $2000 in home repairs. We are only doing what is necessary to prevent more expensive problems, and we continue to kick a lot of other deferred maintenance issues down the line. Stuff like this isn't in the budget. It should be. Most repairs and maint are foreseeable and should be planned for, but I haven't figured out how to budget money that I don't have, so there is a fail.

In the win column, I made a bit over $2k at the side hustle. I wish I could reproduce that on a monthly basis but that isn't the case yet. I should be able to do so down the road, but not during the full-time-job stage of life. Still, it was good to offset the home repairs this month and stay on track. Our debt is smaller this month, not larger.

The biggest news of the month is our daughter's graduation from HS. We were incredibly blessed to find out this week that she received a full four year scholarship to an in-state university. She finished HS, received news of the scholarship, and got a job at Home Depot all in the same week. (She is a worker bee but lost her last job to Covid-19.) The scholarship really helps open up opportunity for our family. We are humbled. It truly is life changing and we are profoundly grateful. My wife is already talking about a job opportunity which previously just didn't make sense due to FAFSA, EFC and such. If so, we can gain some serious traction in the debt paydown/PAYOFF!

Otherwise, we continue to live on a shoestring and look for opportunities. June forecast is back to the slog with lots of uncertainty. This grind is really day-to-day in these times of turmoil, but I'm becoming more optimistic with each passing month lately. Thank you if you are still following!
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.