Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

RECENTLY WE VISITED BELIZE. ONE SIDE TRIP WAS A MAYAN RUIN. AMAZING TECHNOLOGY FOR A CULTURE 2000 YEARS OLD. WHEN WE ARRIVED HOME WE WATCHED A TRAVELOGUE ABOUT THE MAYAN CULTURE IN BELIZE AND GUATAMALA. THEY HAD PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD, AS THEY KNEW IT, IN THE YEAR 2012. THEY MISSED THEIR PREDICTION BY ONLY 1000 YEARS AS THEIR CULTURE COLLAPSED BY 1012 A.D. IF WE CONTINUE ON THE COURSE WE HAVE BEEN SETTING THEIR PREDICTION MAY COME TRUE. BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THERE WAS ONLY 2 SUPERPOWERS THREATENING TO BLOW EACH OTHER UP. TODAY THAT THREAT IS COMING FROM MANY DIRECTIONS. THE ONE SOURCE OF REASON AND DIRECTION HAS BEEN, IN THE PAST, RELIGION BUT NOW THAT SAME SOURCE SEEMS TO BE THE CAUSE OF MANY OF OUR PROBLEMS. I KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG BUT THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS. IF WE NEED SOME OTHER SOURCE TO TELL US WHAT TO THINK OR DO WE WILL SOON BECOME A WORLD OF MINDLESS ENTITIES FOLLOWING LIKE SHEEP OR LEMINGS. IF I CAN HELP JUST ONE PERSON EVERY DAY AND THAT COULD BE SOMETHING AS LITTLE AS A SMILE OR A SIMPLE HELLO I FEEL BETTER. WHEN I GET CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC I TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, THINK ABOUT THAT PERSON AND THIER FAMILY, AND MOVE ON. I'M NOT TELLING ANYBODY ELSE WHAT TO DO BUT ONLY WHAT I DO. ^-^.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.