Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

RECENTLY WE VISITED BELIZE. ONE SIDE TRIP WAS A MAYAN RUIN. AMAZING TECHNOLOGY FOR A CULTURE 2000 YEARS OLD. WHEN WE ARRIVED HOME WE WATCHED A TRAVELOGUE ABOUT THE MAYAN CULTURE IN BELIZE AND GUATAMALA. THEY HAD PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD, AS THEY KNEW IT, IN THE YEAR 2012. THEY MISSED THEIR PREDICTION BY ONLY 1000 YEARS AS THEIR CULTURE COLLAPSED BY 1012 A.D. IF WE CONTINUE ON THE COURSE WE HAVE BEEN SETTING THEIR PREDICTION MAY COME TRUE. BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN THERE WAS ONLY 2 SUPERPOWERS THREATENING TO BLOW EACH OTHER UP. TODAY THAT THREAT IS COMING FROM MANY DIRECTIONS. THE ONE SOURCE OF REASON AND DIRECTION HAS BEEN, IN THE PAST, RELIGION BUT NOW THAT SAME SOURCE SEEMS TO BE THE CAUSE OF MANY OF OUR PROBLEMS. I KNOW WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG BUT THAT'S JUST ME I GUESS. IF WE NEED SOME OTHER SOURCE TO TELL US WHAT TO THINK OR DO WE WILL SOON BECOME A WORLD OF MINDLESS ENTITIES FOLLOWING LIKE SHEEP OR LEMINGS. IF I CAN HELP JUST ONE PERSON EVERY DAY AND THAT COULD BE SOMETHING AS LITTLE AS A SMILE OR A SIMPLE HELLO I FEEL BETTER. WHEN I GET CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC I TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, THINK ABOUT THAT PERSON AND THIER FAMILY, AND MOVE ON. I'M NOT TELLING ANYBODY ELSE WHAT TO DO BUT ONLY WHAT I DO. ^-^.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I saw a special on TV today that said that a lot of cultures picked 2012 as the year the world ended.  (In fact, they listed at least 4 cultures that stated an exact date, 12/21/2012.  If I am remembering correctly, one was the Mayan calendar, one was a Welsh/Celt profit circa 500 B.C., (I believe), one was a Roman seer, one was a British seeress from around 1,000 B.C., one was somebody extrapolating from the "I Ching" and supposedly the same date was picked by the Oracle of Delphi.)   The one thing that the special said that was special about that date is that supposedly on that date the Earth and the Sun align themselves with the black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy.  (Other planets in our solar system may also join in this alignment, but I only remember them talking about the Sun and the Earth.  I was only partially paying attention, as I was eating at the time.)  This black hole was supposedly considered a harbinger of evil by the Mayans.

The predictions usually included massive flooding, massive earthquakes, at least one predicted a devastating plague and the British seeress said that over half of the world's population will die a bloody death.  (I think the correct phrase was "half the world's population will die covered in blood".)

I don't believe any of those ancient predictors, as I haven't seen anyone state that they predicted anything specifically prior to it happening.   (This is a big knock against Nostradamus.  After something happens, they will point to a quatrain and say that that quatrain foretold the happening, but they never say specifically what is going to happen BEFORE it happens.  I saw a Nostradamus special one time where people claimed that Nostradamus predicted 9/11.  On that special, Teller, of Penn and Teller, stated that if the quatrains really stated that 9/11 was going to happen and the people that study Nostradamus knew it was going to happen that the people that stated Nostradamus foretold 9/11 should then be arrested and thrown in jail for Aiding and Abetting a Murderer, Conspiracy to Commit Murder and a few other charges because they didn't warn anyone of the event on 9/10  or earlier so that we could have got those terrorists off of the plan before they crashed them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, and before the passengers of the other plan had to force it to crash into a field so that the other plan didn't crash into the White House or the Capital Building.) 

I do like watching specials on these people and reading about this stuff.  It will be interesting to see if a whole bunch of people start hiding in bunkers and stockpiling food on 12/20/2012 in anticipation of the end of the world.  It could be the Y2K scare all over again.

Craig
Print the post Back To Top