No. of Recommendations: 7
Maybe things were different, thirty or forty years ago. . . . . .but the medians should be higher - much higher.

Absolutely!

It'll be hard to convert the whole country.
This is soooooooooooooo accurate.

Haven't time to elaborate on this right now, but since this a values board I will be back to explain the following in terms of values, signicant emotional events, and children live what they learn.

"Everyone is 100% correct from his or her own frame of reference. If I think this is a beautiful day because the sun is shinning and there is a fresh breeze, I am right. If someone else says it is a terrible day because we are in a drought and we need moisture, that person is also right, also. The trouble is we are both right and we are confused by our disagreement."

We do not all hear things the same way.

Decisions are based on values, and not everyone agrees on the underlying value.

The reasons for a decision are as important as the decision itself.

Values run deep. People will die for their values. You cannot just look at people and see what their values are. We are not in full agreement on our values, even if we are basically nice people and want to do a good job. Core values do not change unless a significant emotional event occurs.

Later,

Ro
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.