Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Maybe you should change it a little, instead of the government confiscating your 401k and your guns like decath said, imagine their coming for your free contraceptives, then maybe you can relate.

Nobody's coming for my (or your) guns. Obama has said absolutely nothing that lends any support to the idea that he's coming after guns. What's funny, however, is that this absolute silence is interpreted by the NRA and the right as proof that he's planning to take away our guns.

An argument from silence, I suppose......

And so far, except for some blather, nobody's coming for my (or your) IRAs, 401ks or 403bs)

That would never fly.

The only place where either of these ideas is alive and well... is in the fervid imaginations of bunker dwelling righties who are convinced that Obama is a communist, and that a race war is imminent.

I would love to count the number of times that the same video clips are recycled by righties..... Obamaphone.... Obama gonna give me free money.... etc.. etc.. ad nauseum

They're working themselves into a real snit over it all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.