Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
McCrocket
Yes, that makes sense. We too have not used the standard deduction since the 1970s before we bought our first house. We'll use it for 2018 because our mortgage interest has dropped so low and the cap on property + State sales (WA doesn't have an income tax) taxes at $10K will reduce our itemized to under $26,600....so its going to be standarddeductionville probably from here on out.

You may be interested in the Excel SS I developed to compare what your tax was to what it will be under TCJA. I made this available through an article I did at Seeking Alpha and through a professional financial planning web site...I've sent out hundreds of copies of it. If you'd like a copy, just send me an e-mail at incomeonly at comcast dot net.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.