Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
MCCrockett writes,

I paid OASDI for 54 years (216 quarters). I can assure you that I wouldn't want to have my Social Security benefit based on my first 10 years of OASDI. Most likely my monthly benefit would have been less than 10% of my monthly benefit based on my last 35 years of employment.

</snip>

Sure. But you got much more in SS benefits from the first 27 years of FICA earnings than the last 27 years when I assume a lot of your earnings we in the final "bend point" that only gets a 15% credit.

intercst
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.