Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Meaning there are no changes to Fidelity's policy of distributions from 401ks being half from Roth and half from Traditional and no way to change it unless you separate accounts into IRAs?

Interesting that 'they' would keep doing that in these times. Some people are getting more financially savey, but some aren't.

I don't think that's Fidelity's fault, I think it's the way the company set the plan up. Fidelity is just administering the plan the way that the company is instructing them to.

I know for a fact that there is at least one plan administered by Fidelity that allows you to choose what type of sub account (Roth or Traditional) to take distributions from, rather than being locked into a pro-rata amount. So I would say that if people don't like the way their plan is set up, they need to complain to their company about it.

It may be that it's cheaper for the company to not allow the participant to choose which account. But in any case, it's a choice that the company is making, not one that Fidelity made for the company.

Another bank screw up - Not taking care of their customers.

Not really. It's an example of companies not understanding what their employees want, or being unwilling to pay for what their employees want.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.