Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Well, as a registered nurse who has worked in both a Medicare/Medicaid skilled facility and now as Director of Nursing in a totally private pay skilled facility I can tell you I really don't see that much difference in the level of care. In my opinion it has more to do with the particular facility and not so much as to whether the residents are privately paying or on Medicaid. In my experience most facilities who accept Medicaid usually have some private pay residents also, and except for the possible private rooms I really have not noticed any discrimination in the care.
My mother is presently receiving Medicaid assistance in an Assisted Living Facility, and had I thought the care was any different I would have done anything to keep her from going on Medicaid. And of course unless you're filthy rich you're probably all going to end up on Medicaid as it doesn't take very long at all to use up what assets you have and there aren't very many long term care insurance policies I've seen which are very beneficial.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.