Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been reading up on taxes (using the IRS pubs and the Kiplinger books) and I have a question about medical mileage.

And I'll admit, part of this is just flat-out anal to see what happens dollar wise etc. Plus, it's a really cool way to avoid working on my syllabus for classes that start Monday :)

I have 2 maintenance prescriptions that I take daily, so I have to run to the pharmacy every month to get them. Is that mileage deductable? (I mean, if mileage to your dr's office is deductible, why wouldn't RX mileage?)

I know that medical expenses have to be above 7.5% of AGI, etc. etc. but I've also come to the realization that --hey! pennies add up! (My charitable mileage (all documented, thank you very much) is currently at 180 dollars and I'm only into August on my calendar.) So now, I'm curious to see if medical miles might be worth tracking for me.

tia.

bleplatt

ps--I'm having a blast looking to see what is and isn't deductible. I'm having a great time with it. (Does that make me wierd?)
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.