Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I am posting this query here at the suggestion of CABob who responded when I posted it via the ASK A FOOLISH QUESTION board:

I want to know if all preferred pharmacies within a Medicare Advantage plan charge the same for a particular prescription. I. E., if I am a member of Medicare Advantage ABC, will my Rx cost the same at all their preffered pharmacies or might one be cheaper than another? I cannot find the answer. Is there a board or site that might address this?

Thank you very much.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good question! Never actually thought about that

Birgit
I am posting this query here at the suggestion of CABob who responded when I posted it via the ASK A FOOLISH QUESTION board:

I want to know if all preferred pharmacies within a Medicare Advantage plan charge the same for a particular prescription. I. E., if I am a member of Medicare Advantage ABC, will my Rx cost the same at all their preffered pharmacies or might one be cheaper than another? I cannot find the answer. Is there a board or site that might address this?

Thank you very much.

It's been my experience that you will get the best deal on prescriptions by using the mail-in service provided by whichever carrier you chose. I don't take anything fancy but my prescriptions (except one) have no co-pay when I use the mail in -- Humana.

That doesn't really answer your question, but this is the best I can do.
if I am a member of Medicare Advantage ABC, will my Rx cost the same at all their preffered pharmacies or might one be cheaper than another?

It depends upon the plan. The drug coverage I currently have states, up front, that one pharmacy is more preferred than the others they work with. It is in fact a bit cheaper, but not by much.

I'd suggest reading the fine print.
Have you tried using "Good Rx" ?
Have you tried using "Good Rx" ?

I've not been impressed by their service.

I pay for all of my prescriptions out-of-pocket, and my costs rarely coincide with their prices. And far too often they are just "hawking" their "coupons".

So far, the best source I've found is the CostCo Pharmacy. And you can check prices online.