Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I posted this on a few other boards but this board looks like a good one to ask...

It looks to me like the Advantage Plans are a bad deal in the long run if you ever want old fashioned/solid Medicare. I understand that if you end up in surgery and someone/anyone who works on you who isn't in-network' decides to bill you for their services, you're screwed.

I'm young (52) but disabled and am being put on Medicare soon. From what I can see Medigap Plan G is the best but also expensive compared to Plan N which is close to the same but with co-pays and no pays for excess charges about Medicare assignments. But in NY State I'm told that can go no higher than 5%.

I used to qualify for NY's Essential Plan due to my low income. However, it looks like Medicare help looks also at assets which shoot me down for any help.

Insights from those who have dealt with this many times?

Thanks,

SD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.