Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Me:Dish has to be revalued by this fiasco in the very short term

GH:As I have noted, I think Viacom has more short term risk, and Dish has more long term risk if the fight is protracted.

GH:So sometime soon the institutional guys are going to figure this all out and dump the stock.

GH:And that's what they say about every company that shuts down because of a strike or has a distribution channel pinched. Doesn't usually happen, because these things have a way of getting settled.

GH,

you were right...a guy can try cant he? It still will not surprise me to see a sell off of the Naz and of Dish.......based on the little bits of news such as the congressional pressure for a contract yesterday.....the stock has been holding up well......but now ironically there is not much to look forward to in this market.....

As I said there is not a full win for Via or for Dish...just qualification of what will be in what package that Dish sells. Perhaps both parties won...but will that matter tomorrow?

As for the institutional guys? Now I dont know what they will do or when. If the market sells off extremely hard here they may need to raise cash fast...but we dont know what will happen yet.....

db

PS Dish closed down today after being up in a down market all day. I think there was a lot of pressure to go up today from what was going on in congressional hearings. When the hearings were over the stock went down with the market at the end of the day. There will be no cover for Dish today.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.