Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Mehran

I enjoy your posts / thoughtful insights.

With credit card fraud continuing to rise companies are looking for better ways to manage the intrusive nature of some security systems verses the risk.

The bank I use in NZ has a $ limit set on the daily transactions that can occur, when the value goes above this a keycode is sent from the bank to my mobile, by relaying that key back to the web site (typing) the transaction is approved. It takes but a few seconds for the entire transaction.

The use of Skype will enable this security system to be offered at a lower cost, and further enhance eBay as a secure means to transact business.

Skype will greatly improve the transition to PDA/pocketPC type devises for conducting business on eBay. PDAs aren't that good for browsing or bidding on an eBay type site, but if you got a call and a subsequent message with a link direct to the bid page their use could increase.

Chris
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.