Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone got any thoughts on this one as it looks pretty cheap on fundamentals but I have no idea what the future of domain registries holds.

The numbers as I see it.

50m shares on issue @ 70c = $35m mkt cap
Cash in the bank = $16m
EBIT for the year over $4m and cash flow positive

So according to this you can buy one of the largest domain registry businesses for $19m or less than 5 times EBIT. That's over a 20% return if there's a future for this type of business.

A few months ago you could have effectively bought the business for nothing as the market cap = cash in the bank

I wonder what people were thinking when they paid $17 per share for this business when it was generating less than $2m EBIT. ie they were paying 400 times EBIT!!

Interested to hear your comments (has to be before the 14th though)

Regards
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.