Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
What are you fixing for the holiday?

I'm doing Greek salad for lunch and Greek-marinated lamb chops with cauli-rice pilaf, green beans and tzadziki. And red wine. For dinner.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
What are you fixing for the holiday?

I tried a 40 hour fast, having been too lax recently. Usually I’m doing 22 hours, so this was adventurous. No food from Saturday night to Monday 2 pm. It turned out to be easy, because contrary to all logic, fasting seems to get easier the longer it lasts. Maybe because all the hunger/craving hormones are extinguished.

But not having done that in awhile, I felt a bit light-headed on Monday morning. I had a demanding activity to do, a class in dog agility. It requires complex memory as well as physical coordination. You get just a couple minutes to memorize a 20 obstacle course designed to confuse you, and how to lead a dog around it. I wondered if that would turn out to be a disaster. I decided to find out, so I kept the fast going. It turned out my brain worked as normal. So the light-headed thing might just be the feeling of running on ketones, not low blood pressure or low blood sugar or something else that would affect brain and body function.
Print the post Back To Top