Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Ok, you guys remember Pool Guy from last year? The guy that spilled his guts to me over the course of weeks, and then disappeared?

Two weeks ago, I was out by the pool studying. He came out, did his workout in the little gym (by the pool area) Then he came out and chatted with me a bit. Said he needed to run to the store real quick, wanted to know if I needed anything and if I'd still be out there in about 1/2 hour. I was planning to be, and told him that.

He comes out with a bowl of strawberries he'd just cut up, and poured a little wine and sugar on, a bottle of water for me and a bar of dark chocolate. He said he remembered that I liked dark chocolate. We chatted some more and ate the strawberries. He watched me eat, because he said he couldn't get over me taking such enjoyment over simple things.

Now, call me silly, but that whole things sounds just a tad romantic, doesn't it?

Haven't seen him since.

Next!

M is a guy I dated when I was 19. I was crazy head-over-heels for him. Took me about 4 years to get over him.

When I came back to San Diego from Italy, he went to great lengths to connect with me again, calling Italy, leaving notes at every barracks and ship in San Diego, looking for me. When we finally connect (after he's been looking for 2 months) he tells me that he got married 4 months ago.

Then why look me up? To shove it in my face? I don't know. Still don't. I mean, I tend to think about past relationships when I'm alone, particularly right after a break-up. Is that just me? At that time, he made some comment about, if he wasn't married, he'd want to give us a shot again. (for the record, I said I wouldn't)

And he did the stupidest things! He gave me his home phone number, which means his wife knew he was talking to me, and I wasn't trying to hide it. I figured we'd just say that we were friends in tech school, and hung out with the same people, and wanted to chat about old times. hell, I even suggested that I meet her, so we could hang out together, because I was NOT planning on having an affair with him, so I was comfortable about meeting her.

He wouldn't let me meet her, started trying to meet me when she was at school and other things, which of course I wouldn't do.

She asked him who this strange woman calling her house was, and did he tell her we were friends? No, he told her we dated. Well, that's ok, right, I mean the relationship had been 5 years previous and long before he met her. She asks for more details. He tells her part of our relationsip (and apparently the only part he remembers well) is the fact that we had lots and lots of FANTASTIC sex.

Um, this is not the kind of thing you tell your wife when you don't want her to feel threatened!!!

Now, after I haven't seen or heard from him in about 11 years, he scours the internet trying to find me. Found my marriage records from my FIRST marraige, 16 years ago!!! Eventually found me at classmates.com just last week, and contacts me.

He remarried, THE SAME WOMAN, LAST MONTH

The stupid #$#$%&&

It's like, he can only feel comfortable talking to me, when he has to hide it from someone. Is that weird?

Men are so strange!

Ishtar
Print the post Back To Top
Men are so strange!

Yep, that's us. For a little twisted logic - when in a new relationship (marriage) we reach back to comfortable times (woman we had great sex with) to touch base while dreaming that the cruuent Mrs is equal to our memory of the past. Sometimes it is a scared reaction of 'did I really do this' or 'did I choose the right one?'.
Sorry to say during times of depression I've done the same....fortunately I've been able to move on on some issues and still working on others. Being alone does strange things to some people.

As to the neighbor...admiring from afar? Knows he has relationship issues and does not want you to be the rebound girl? Sometimes flowers or chocolate covered strawberries are just innocent "I'm thinking about you and worried, my friend."

WF *thinking about Ish while listening to M. Blues
As to the neighbor...admiring from afar? Knows he has relationship issues and does not want you to be the rebound girl? Sometimes flowers or chocolate covered strawberries are just innocent "I'm thinking about you and worried, my friend."

I don't know. Sometimes I think he's just this friendly nice guy, whose like this with everyone.

Sometimes I think I confuse him. He's used to airhead blondes, with tiny bodies and big tits.

I think after some of my conversations with him last year, he was starting to get interested in me, and that confused him, because I don't "measure up" to what he's used to.

Anyway, right now, I'm leaning toward, "he's just a friendly, nice guy."

Thanks for the male perspective.

Which Moody's albumn?

Ishtar
No. of Recommendations: 2
Men are so strange!

Ishtar

That's because women raise them for the most part.

Prometheuss
(Understands root causes ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 0
That's because women raise them for the most part.

Prometheuss
=========================================
That's pretty much what I've been told... Mothers don't so much as actually 'raise' sons as they simply take them to a certain plateau, and from there, it's up to the son's wife to continue with the work in progress... LOL...
No. of Recommendations: 0
That's pretty much what I've been told... Mothers don't so much as actually 'raise' sons as they simply take them to a certain plateau, and from there, it's up to the son's wife to continue with the work in progress... LOL...

Good point. Freud might blame Mom even after her son has left the nest, but there's often a Wife or Girlfriend who should share some of the blame if she took him on with an eye toward improving him.

Regards,
Prometheuss