No. of Recommendations: 1
Mequonwj,

You asked about including these in the Flow Ratio:
Accrued expenses 16,321
Current portion of deferred revenues 36,352

I would absolutely include Accrued expenses. IIRC, this account measures things like wages that have been earned but not been paid yet or other expenses like that. (overhead perhaps?)

I'm not totally sure about the "current portion of deferred revenues". This could mean that the company has accepted the cash but not "booked" the revenues, which would be good since they already have the cash presumambly earning interest for the company. The Current portion bit probably means that it is deferred revenue that they will be recognizing in the near future, perhaps a year or so, at least that's my guess.

As always, I defer to the real accountants out there, not a duffer like myself. ;)

Hope that helped.

Bob

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.