Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Any Mercury Grand Marquis owners out there?

Like it?

Find it reliable?

Any other words of wisdom?
Print the post Back To Top
My friend had one, just sold it with 140,000 miles on it. Ran well, never a problem. They seem to have a pretty good rep. He had a '92 model, with the towing package (dual exhaust, extra 10hp or so).
Dave
The last of the REAL American cars. Hell of a lot of car for the money, new or used. Not the most high tech, but you'll be surprised at how well they drive.

Watch for the all black 300hp+ Marauder version next spring!
Watch for the all black 300hp+ Marauder version next spring!
===== ===== =====
As most of you know I'm not a Ford fan, but I'm keeping an eye on this one...maybe Mercury will get it right since GM cancelled the Impala SS, just as it was getting good!!

Aaron
Any links on what the Marauder looks like?
Its in the hard copy Sep AUTOMOBILE mag, has been in others. Info was available on FORD.com for a while.
Any links on what the Marauder looks like?
===== ===== =====
Wasn't able to find any in a quick search of Automobilemag.com, nor Mercury's site....

Basically think blacked out Grand Marquis...at least all the pictures I've seen in Automobile have been. Black wheels, no shiny trim, etc

Aaron
No. of Recommendations: 1
Any Mercury Grand Marquis owners out there?
Right here!

Like it?
Oh, yes!

Find it reliable?
My 1988 has been on the hook (towed) a couple of times, but I've had it for 14 years!

Any other words of wisdom?
Keep the oil changed! I've got 191,000 miles on mine, and I drive it hard every day. No smoke, and it seems as good as new. I've had the tranny replaced (lifetime warranty at AAMCO), and did I mention I keep the oil changed?

The link for the 2003 Marauder (for those interested in it) is

http://www.mercuryvehicles.com

Click on the quicklinks section: "Marauder".

Charles
crobinso, thanks for the Marauder link. Ford has updated it considerably since I saw it last! Well worth the time! My Lincoln LS lease is up next fall; my friendly dealer has been authorized to have a Marauder demo ready to sell me at that time!
Yesterday, I parked my 1990 Mercury Marquis, visited a friend distant from where I parked the car, came out an hour or so later and saw my car being towed, tires screeching, down the street. The engine caught on fire after the engine was turned off and I had left the car. I was researching today and found the following recall info: 1992-1993 Mercury Grand Marquis - Short circuit may result in an underhood fire, even with the engine off.

A friend mentioned that she knew of a 1986 owner that was notified of a recall for this same issue after their car caught on fire. My car, the 1986 car, and the 1986 recall were fires on the driver side of the hood.

DOES ANYONE have info for me to help me pursue this on my own for I did not have comprehensive insurance and may sue Mercury on my own.

HELP?
WHOA! Your car was burnt to a crisp! What a horrible site.

My advice have a mechanic determine the cause of the fire for sure then deal with the legal issues. You need to rule out arson.

If you find it was not a short circuit I'll be glad to meet you at my famous cliff and help you push it into the river! :)

good luck.

the black cobra
hi
i work for a lincoln mercury dealership. if youd like to provide me with the vin number of the car, i would be glad to have the service manager run it for any applicable recalls. let me know.
good morning

sorry this took so long, its been a bit of a hectic week at work for the service manager.

there are no outstanding recalls on your grand marquis. however, you are also certainly not alone. the service manager has seen something like what you describe happen to other cars of this type. we service the crown victoria police cars in our area, and about a month ago saw a ford towed in after it had burnt. ford came in, bought the car back from the police department, and said nothing. our service manager asked several times, and the only answer he ever got was "we are not able to discuss the matter"

this isnt much help, but you are welcome to contact the service manager where i work for advice on how to proceed.

good luck

dean