Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
Just wishing all of you here a Merry, Merry Christmas (or... Hannukkah).

Despite our problems and foibles in the United States, rejoice for what we have.

Peace.

Vermonter
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Just wishing all of you here a Merry, Merry Christmas (or... Hannukkah).

Despite our problems and foibles in the United States, rejoice for what we have.

Peace.

Vermonter

Back atcha, Vermonter. Here is my two-days-before present from the Mohs surgeon.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/80580381_2...

CNC
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/80580381_2......

CNC

Maybe you'll get an electric shaver for Christmas
No. of Recommendations: 0
CNC:

My gosh what happened? Hope you are now mending and not in too much pain!

Vermonter
My gosh what happened? Hope you are now mending and not in too much pain!

Vermonter

Thanks. I had a skin cancer on my cheek. A basal cell carcinoma. I am happy to wish it good bye. The sawbones had to gouge out a huge chunk of my cheek. The closure resulted in a six inch wound, neatly stitched up. I stay on top of the pain with tylenol.

I have read of long waits for medical attention in Canada or England. Between my insurance (Health Net) and the physician's work load, I waited three months from the time I discovered the thing. So, instead of being a 1/8 inch speck it was a ¾" blob. (It seemed to grow fast.) But, we have the best health care in the world, right? (I got in to the surgeon so quickly because he had a cancellation.)

CNC
... When I realized the surgery required I shaved ny full beard of many years back to the goatee in the photo. Maybe I would look good in a Van Dyke? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Dyke_beard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Dyke_beard#/media/File:Ant...
CNC:

So sorry to hear all that.

And Tylenol? We find it does nothing for us at all. Nothing. Must have Advil or Aspirin.

May you feel better soon....

Vermonter
FCorelli:

Given what CNC has told us, your comment seems just a bit unkind...

Vermonter
I didnt know that at the tiempo
And Tylenol? We find it does nothing for us at all. Nothing. Must have Advil or Aspirin.

May you feel better soon....

Vermonter

I try to stay ahead of the pain. Two Tylenols every two hours. Aspirin is streng verboten as it is a blood thinner. Never use aspirin if you have a wound.

Thanks for caring.

CNC
FCorelli:

Vermonter

Not really. I can take a joke. Also, I shaved back my beard (Been bearded ever since I left the Army) back to just the goatee. Maybe a Vandyke?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_Dyke_beard

CNC
I try to stay ahead of the pain. Two Tylenols every two hours. Aspirin is streng verboten as it is a blood thinner. Never use aspirin if you have a wound.

Thanks for caring.

CNC

-----------------

Count, be wary of taking too much Tylenol. 4 grams (4,000 MG) a day max and even getting near that level on a regular basis is not good for your liver. If you are taking two every two hours for the 16 hours you are awake, that is 16 tablets. At 500mg each your are getting twice the max recommended daily dosage.

Also regarding blood thinner. I take an aspirin every day as do many people. And doing work around my acreage here, I am constantly getting cuts and scrapes and my thinned blood still coagulates just fine.

I recently had surgery and two weeks before surgery, they had me stop taking aspirin, Ibuprofen, and Vitamin E, all three of which thin the blood. So if you are wary of blood thinners watch out for these other two in addition to aspirin.

Good luck with your recovery.....
Colonel or Count Sanders
BHM: Good luck with your recovery.....

Thanks for the well wishes, and for the info/advice on Tylenol. Like many old farts, I too take a baby aspirin every day. They had me stop that and all booze several days before the surgery. I plan to taper off on the Tylenol, down to my normal zero over the next few days as the wounds heal. I may have a glass of champagne for Crispness.

I had to get some strong-arm help for my annual rose bed work-over. I have three beds. All need pruning (which I and the Countess do), but this year I wanted to actually lift 11 of the older plants and renew their soil. Some of them appear to be 20 years old. (They were here when we got the house.) Our native soil is essentially adobe, so it is better for building a house than gardening. It seems rich enough, but hard as a rock. Also very alkaline*. For the eleven plants I reworked I added about a yard of fresh compost, some soil acidifier, bone meal, and some fertilizer. Even letting someone else do the heavy lifting, I managed to leave my hands and arms a bloody mess.

Regards, and a happy holiday.

Count gentleman farmer No COunt
*When I lived in New England I learned to add lime to the garden to "sweeten the soil" - New England's soil is very acid. Exact opposite of here in CA.
Lucky Dog: Colonel or Count Sanders

OK, it took me a minute to get it. There is a certain resemblance, but I am much better looking, don't you think?

CNC
"FCorelli:

Vermonter "

Ah comedy.
Takes a bite outta everyone's cheeks.
Whether in good taste or no.

Howie52
One is lucky if the proper cheeks are presentable.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Count, well I think you would rather suave if you had on a white suit too.

:)
No. of Recommendations: 3
BHM: Count, be wary of taking too much Tylenol. 4 grams (4,000 MG) a day max and even getting near that level on a regular basis is not good for your liver. If you are taking two every two hours for the 16 hours you are awake, that is 16 tablets. At 500mg each your are getting twice the max recommended daily dosage.

Mike, thanks again for the cautionary input. FWIW, I took my last tablets at 2:00 PM yesterday. Don't need it any more. The human body is remarkably resilient.

CNC