Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 52
Click the red light to start.

http://www.citizenlink.org/Stoplight/A000005834.cfm

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
He makes a real good point about who will buy your items in your holiday catalog.
No. of Recommendations: 5
A rec for you on this one Joe! And I'm not even a christian.. just that Dec 25 is Christmas whether you acknowledge it or not.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"...I'm not even a Christian.. just that Dec 25 is Christmas whether you acknowledge it or not."

Same here... that was exactly the point.

~aj
No. of Recommendations: 11
He makes a real good point about who will buy your items in your holiday catalog.

Yes, but it really bothers me that the fundies have turned Christmas into a reason to get angry. Doesn't the Christmas spirit give us enough warmth in our hearts to include a few others in our celebration?

(We used to call it holiday spirit when I was young but I guess that's too politically incorrect to say these days.)

--CH
(We used to call it holiday spirit when I was young but I guess that's too politically incorrect to say these days.)

Well, back then you could be happy and gay too, but that's gone out the window as well.
Worth it for "Feliz Navi-toss."

I'll say one thing, several of the local Jewish retailers with whom I am friends sure wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" around here (90% hispanic & therefore similar % Roman Catholics). Business is business, heh.

I've kinda defaulted to "Happy Holidays" because I want everyone to have a happy what-ever-the-hell they want to have. And to include New Year's.
Here is a link to a site that will help us celebrate Happy Tossmas. It is a nonprofit that works with catalog companies to delete names from their lists of people who do not want to receive their catalogs. It costs a bundle to make and ship these catalogs and we could save whole forests if we got our names off their lists. The volume of my junk mail has dropped dramatically this year.
Happy Tossmas!

http://www.catalogchoice.org/
I'll say one thing, several of the local Jewish retailers with whom I am friends sure wish everyone a "Merry Christmas" around here

During my youth one of our neighbors and close friends was Jewish. Sometime during the week before Christmas, she'd drop by, give us a gift and say "Merry Christmas". We'd give her a gift and say "Happy Hannuka".

She was not offended when she said "Merry Christmas" we were not offended by saying "Happy Hannuka". We both realized that we held different beliefs and we were happy to learn about and accomodate each other's differences. We could have just as easily proclaimed "Happy Solstice", "Happy Holidays", or "Happy New Year" to others with different beliefs.

If fewer people were looking for any excuse to proclaim "their rights had been violated" then we'd ALL be a lot happier. Live & let live, stop looking for reasons to whine, we'll all be a lot happier.

OJ:

Do you know how to sell a duck to a deaf man?

DO YOU WANT TO BUY A DUCK> (the joke works the best when you yell the answer at the top of your lungs right next to their ear).
No. of Recommendations: 2
"If fewer people were looking for any excuse to proclaim "their rights had been violated" then we'd ALL be a lot happier. Live & let live, stop looking for reasons to whine, we'll all be a lot happier."

I don't think all that many really care about this Xmas "issue." It has been blown way out of proportion.

Fer Cripes sake, it's the happiest time of the year!

Ken <looking forward to touring the Brooklyn home light displays, and Chinese food and a movie on Xmas>
No. of Recommendations: 2
If fewer people were looking for any excuse to proclaim "their rights had been violated" then we'd ALL be a lot happier.

And yet the christians had to go out of their way to make a video to proclaim how offended they are for not receiving preferential treatment.
I don't think all that many really care about this Xmas "issue."

Ken

Who knows?

I care about it. I don't care enough to get upset, boycot stores, write letters, or get into arguments about it. But yeah, I do care. And I definitely prefer 'Merry Christmas' (or insert your personal holiday) to 'Seasons Greetings'.

Fortunately for me, where I live it's pretty much 100% Merry Christmas (actually, "Feliz Navidad"). We don't get much Seasons Greetings down here.

Regards

G.F.
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't think all that many really care about this Xmas "issue."

I am a Christian, but I'm a totally unconventional Christian as you may have noticed allready! LOL
I don't care one bit about the whole commercial "Christmas".
It's just a traditional date, and is anyway not to be considered his actual date of birth.

So don't count on me for your Chrismas present.

Janny
"don't count on me for your Christmas present."

Just the same, thank you for the one you sent me :-)

~aj
Just the same, thank you for the one you sent me :-)

Janny<<<<always happy to play along and oblige! ;-)