Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

The "Retirement" board is kind of dead. There's a lot more activity on the "Retirement Investing" board here:

To answer your question: Since you work full-time and benefit from your employer's retirement plan, you may not be eligible to deduct any of the contributions you make to a traditional IRA. If you are filing as "single", your modified adjusted gross income must be less than $30,000 in order for the IRA contribution to be deductible. If your MAGI is between $30,000 and $40,000 , only part of your IRA contribution will be deductible. If your MAGI is above $40,000 then contributing to a Traditional IRA will not give you any tax savings.

If you're Married Filing Jointly, add $20,000 to the above figures.

See for more information.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.