The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: Roth IRAs and Minors Date:  9/25/1998  12:48 AM
Author:  Rayvt Number:  5629 of 101522

<<So, once the account is completely opened and you have the account numbers, personal broker, etc., THEN fill out the trading authorization/limited power of attorney form to allow one or both parents to select investment vehicles for the child. >>

Why bother? With an internet broker, all you need is the userID and password. I manage 5 account for others, and with none of them have an official trading authorization. 'course, the broker won't talk to me on the phone---guess they can figure out that I'm not my mom.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us