The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing


Subject:  Re: 401(k) funding by corporation Date:  10/2/1998  1:04 PM
Author:  shess Number:  5778 of 102471

cameron wrote:
<<I strongly recommend that you hire an attorney if you are starting a new corporation and entering some kind of business contract. You may think it's a pain to pay the fees, but you want to make sure that you protect yourself from liabilities that might arise from the business.>>

Beyond that, for a businessperson having a relationship with a lawyer and a CPA is useful for the same reasons that having a relationship with a physician is useful for health concerns. You don't want to have to vet a lawyer at the point you _need_ a lawyer. By looking now, in a low-pressure situation, you're in a good position to put in some time to pick a lawyer or law firm you're comfortable with, and to see how they handle you.

Just get your ducks in a row beforehand. Adding a five-minute question to a half-hour consultation is going to be a lot cheaper both in time and money than having to schedule a second consultation.


Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us