The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Education Roth IRA Date:  12/1/1998  4:24 PM
Author:  wamiller Number:  6621 of 130163

If grandparents want to give money for an educational IRA (Roth) how does the account have to be set up? Can I establish the account for my son and send in the check from the grandparents account OR does it have to be set up by them OR ???. I probably won't be able to contribute because of AGI limitations so I can't just do it myself. Thanks!
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us